Day 0: Supplies
I have the following supplies, to assist me in my task (in no particular order):
- A hotel room
- A laptop – Dell Precision M6600
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition
- A full backup of my production OLTP database
- A book – Wrox “Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services with MDX and DAX” (all 1,100 pages of it)
- A 3-day pass to PASS 2012
- Two full-day pre-conference sessions: Monday: ”Building a SQL Server 2012 BI Platform” and Tuesday: “Zero to BI Semantic Model with SQL Server 2012“
I also ran out to the Kress Supermarket down the road, for sundry nerd food (Pringles, Beer, Snacks, etc.).
I’ll post more of the resources as I stumble upon them.